Fund Financial Analyst
Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 4,500 residential units. BLT office holdings include the corporate headquarters for Gen Re, GE Commercial Finance, Diageo, GE Real Estate, Xerox, GE Energy, Design Within Reach, Kayak Software, AON/Hewitt, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and structured portfolio management. BLT’s numerous office parks, apartment complexes, single family subdivisions, common interest communities and adaptive reuse projects total in excess of 8,000,000 square feet of development throughout Fairfield County. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
Building and Land Technology’s Real Estate Private Equity Group (“The Fund”) was launched in 2011 to capitalize on the unique position of the real estate investment cycle. Since inception, The Fund, has sought to utilize the historic strengths of Building and Land Technology’s executive team while investing across various asset types, either in direct transactions or via joint venture operating partners. Assets under management include: the largest historic renovation in New Jersey (The Beacon), the premier mixed-use development in the Northeast (HarborPoint), signature office buildings and market-leading residential developments. Additionally, in July 2012, the Fund created BLT Homes to capitalize on the single family housing market dislocation. BLT Homes has acquired over 7,000 homes and is a leading player in the sector, creating value and rebuilding communities through single family home rentership. The distinguishing characteristics of The Fund are the ability to efficiently identity and swiftly react to investment opportunities across the US. The Fund’s holdings are diversified by asset type and geography, with investments in 20 states.
The Fund Financial Analyst would report to the Managing Director.
• Prepare financial models, conduct market research and analyze the asset, economics, market conditions, and investment alternatives for acquisition opportunities
• Evaluate local market drivers including supply, demand, demographics, rental and absorption trends, cap rates and PPSF data and competitive dynamics
• Perform due diligence activities and work with team members and third parties to coordinate and review physical and environmental inspections, verify lease and rent rolls, validate historical property operating financials, review survey, title, tenant interviews, NOI audits and engineering reports
• Prepare and review closing statements, proration schedules, and other pre-close activities
• Support disposition efforts via creation and population of online data rooms, evaluation of offers and counter-offers, and buy/hold/sell/refinance strategies
• Produce materials for monthly asset management reviews, Investor Reporting packages
• Complete financial analyses for capital expenditures, re-financings, leasing
• Enhance the overall acquisition business process to insure timely and accurate analysis is developed, delivered and reported for decisions to be made effectively
• Serve as a critical member of the BLT Funds’ transaction team
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, engineering or similar technical discipline preferred
• 2-4 years experience in real estate with a focus on valuation, modeling and financial analysis
• Experience in budgeting, financial analysis, portfolio review and other varied financial disciplines
• Experience in working in a cross-functional group, project management and/or process improvement
• Detail and task oriented
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is a must
• Expert experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
• Data entry and data manipulation skills are a must